18 butt obc

hippee

Hi does anyone know it is hard to wire in an 18 butt obc i have the standard one with the check control and was wanting to upgrade this

hippee

mine is an 8 butt one with 1 plug in the back. I was wanting to put an 18 butt in but they have 2 plugs i was wanting to know how to wire in the 2'nd plug for the external temp and fuel consumption etc.

You have a basic check control.

If you do a google search for "retrofitting e36 obc" or something similar, you should find articles by people who have done that. You may have to substitute "adding", "upgrading" and so on to get good hits.

All the instructions I have seen were written by owners of U.S. E36s that also had the outside temperature display. You are probably missing its temperature probe and wiring and would need to add it. I also would not be surprised if your car has no chime unit that all U.S. cars have. BMW used to sell a kit for to add a digital clock / outside temperature display that could prove helpful. You can try searching www.realoem.com for the part numbers and cost.

hippee

cheers johnf found an article with a wiring diagram and full instructions on a site called pelican technical i also see that you have answered a lot of questions on this before.

CHEERS