1994 325IS Blower Motor, Heater

kenbmw

Looking for someone who has had this specific problem. One day the heater motor works and the next start car up and turn on the defroster motor and nothing. If you have had this problem what did you do to check it out and what was the outcome. With all the expertise on the site I know we can come up with a fix. Thanks in advance.

check the associated fuse first ofcourse. If not the fuse, the control module might be having problems. you have to take the radio out in order to get it out. a small allen key will be needed if you still have a factory BMW radio

was the fan noisy at all?, squeaking etc?

my fan just up and quit on me but it was making noises before it died, i oiled it and it ran for another year then just died again without any noise. Just got a different one at the junk yard.

kenbmw

Thanks, checked fuse first. You say to check the control module how will you know if it or the motor is not working can you buy pass it to check the blower.

kenbmw

No fan noise, just would not work. How did you know to just replace the mtr. Apprx. how much was the fan motor at the yard.

I guess it was just so noisy i assumed it was the motor the first time. and since it happened before when it died without making noise i assumed it froze again.

I paid only 40 but by searching for one for your car it looks like you could be looking at around 60 dollars..

If you get access to the blower motor (through the engine compartment i think for you car as well) you can try to move it with your hands (make sure its turned off) if its frozen. You could also hit your connections with a volt meter to see if its getting juice. It was really easy to get to my motor to test. Should be the same for the e36.

kenbmw

Thanks for the info but the 94 does not have that type of controls, this car has over 150K. My last 325 had over 250K before I retired her. But we are still looking for direction, thanks.