318is pwr window electical/problem

[?|]I drive a 1994 318is with power windows and a problem I can only describe as "window bounce". Without warning the windows will quickly roll down about 1/8" than just as fast go back up. The problem is never consistent and they act independently of each other. Any Ideas???[?|]

does this happen with the windows rolled all the way up only?

does your dome light flicker?

if so it sounds like a faulty "dome light switch" which is located in the door sill.

now if this is an issue of you rolling your windows up and them stopping and coming back down a bit, then you have to roll them up again it's most likely the power window motor/regulator sometimes called the electronic drive and electronic window lifter respectively.

yeah this is called the 'dome light switch' and it's part of the door switch. autohausaz.com and pelicanparts.com both have them. if you are going to do it yourself let me know, there are a couple little things that will help you.

I have the same issue in my 94 318is- occurs when I hit bumps in the road. When I close the passenger door when I park(the door that does it the most) it will jiggle really fast up and down until I put my weight against the outside of the door-lean against it, and it will stop. My dome light does not come on at all except when I flip the switch on. Sometimes if the road is bad enough, both windows will get to jiggling up and down and I have to roll them both down just a little to keep my sanity.