325 auto gearbox

bimanut

when car started every thing seems normal and pulls away fine but when it gets to 3rd gear it all goes pete tong and stays in 3rd,even when i pull up at a junction and pull off its still stuck in 3rd.the gearbox incon lights up.turn the car off and restart it will start of in first.i had it on a diagnostic and all any one can tell me is that its a code 100 and thats it,not even what it means!!! can anyone please help me? i want me car back!

325 Gearbox

Hi there,

There is a bulletin a propos your problem, but it is only supposed to apply to E34's and E38's with AGS versions 7.32 and 9.22...

The AGS curve recognition feature which inhibits tranny upshifts (while cornering) has been activated. This upshift prevention is activated by a software difference in wheel speed of the front tires.

You should begin by checking tire pressures, ensuring that the two front tires are the same size and make/model, and making sure that they are not unevenly worn. If they are unevenly worn, or are different sizes, you can try swapping the rears to the front.

Good luck,
Tiger [driving]