94 325i Won't start

My daughter's car will not start. She is in college, and needs it for work,etc. I drove there today - hoping it was a fuel filter. Nope, pulled line off of filter, cranked it up, plenty of gas. It turns over, but wont start up. Tried jumping battery, tried holding the gas down, cleaned air filter.
Is there something else that I could do? Read through some posts, seems it might be the computer.
Found a mechanic in the town. Probably should just have codes checked. Any help would be appreciated.
Scott

Does it sputter and try to run at all, or does it just act like it's out of gas? Certainly does sound like an ignition problem. Since it has separate coils for each plug, the ECU sounds like a possible problem.

Ecu

Looking at previous posts. Sounds like it might be the ECU. It doesn't sputter, just sounds like it is out of gas. Is there a way to test the ecu or will the codes diaganose the problem. I found a local mechanic where my daughter goes to school that works on imports. How much would an ecu unit run.?
Probably should have injectors cleaned. We have only had the car for about 4-5 months. I am pretty impressed with how well it is designed to work on. Oil filter, fuel pump and other things are easy to get at.
Thanks,
Scott

Soory, don't have a real good idea on an ECU cost, but it would be cheapest to find a used one, I'm guessing a few hundred $$. A new one, if available, would be EXPENSIVE.

I'd try to read the codes first and see what comes up.

I know this will sound strange, but have you tried to unlock the car from another door other than the drivers door?
I had a 94 325iC that would not start when the car was unlocked from the drivers door. There was a problem in the drive away protection system.
The car would start and run fine if I unlocked it from either the passenger door or the trunk.

Update

Codes came up clean - Shop found a leaking valve cover gasket & very very worn out spark plugs. Something I should have done, when we got the car, I am in the process of changing all fluids, filters, brakes, etc.
Thank you for all the ideas and help.
Scott