95 325IS Not Starting

schrec

Hi All,

I have a 95 325IS with 140K on it. The engine will turnover, however there is no spark & no fuel. The plugs are decent and all spark packs are showing proper resistance per Bentley Manual. Fuel Pump Relay and Main Relay checkout. Fuel Pump runs when relay is jumped, proper voltage is reaching pump and resistance across pump is within spec. Oh, and yes, there's gas in the car.

The thing that concerns me is that the check engine light is not functioning. The bulb is good, the fuse is good. I have confirmed it does not work by doing the gauge diagnosis that lights up the whole dashboard.

When I turn the key to run position, the TCM light (orange Gear with ! in the center of it) remains on. I do not recall this happening before. Could someone tell me if that is the normal behavior for the light?

To me, this is all pointing to the either TCM or ECM, however I would like to get additional opinions as this may prove fatal for the vehicle. I have heard that ECM replacement is very pricey ($1000+) and that TCM replacement involves a transmission rebuild. I appreciate any assitance anyone could give.

Thank you,
Dennis