97 328i not turning over

avique

Hello everyone,

I have a 97 328i auto trans that does not start, I recently replaced the motor and it ran fine for a while but one day i went to start it and for some reason it clicks (sounds like the solenoid) but not crank, and the fuel gauge moves all the way to full and then to empty. The other thing that is doing is that if i push on the shifter it seems to lose the connection or clicking. Please help

thanks

sahtt57

If by motor, you mean the engine and not starter motor, I'd recommend first quickly double checking all your wiring harness connections; specifically those for the cluster, battery/starter, and electronic components of your trasmission.

After that, the typical clicking sound suggests poor battery terminal connections or a dead battery. Try here for more possibilities 97 328i won't start Depending on your location, autozone will test and charger your battery for free. After getting that out of the equation, you can move on to more costly things such as the ignition's components themselves and more deceptive wiring issues.