Alright

So im entirely too aggrivated.....

I was going to change the water pump in my car when

the fan clutch wrench i rented is slightly too big, apparently BMW is entirely too specific about the size....32mm.

So i figured i take out the pulley bolts, slide the pulley foward, remove the pump, and then replace it with a new water pump, pulley and fan clutch....

Trying to take the 4 pulley bolts off the water pump pulley, 1 got stripped. what the hell do i do now, and Where the hell can i get another???

What stripped the bolt or the hole for the bolt? if a bolt go to your local Ace Hardware store for a replacement. Take one of the good bolts with u. If it is the water pump you could rethred the hole and use a new (maybe slightly larger) bolt.

If you rounded the head on the bolts, one trick is to grind the heads off completely with a grinder. Since they thread into the water pump and you are replacing it, just toss all of it and get new bolts.

I assume you are talking about part #6?

I don't mean to jack this thread, but I have a quasi related question:
When replacing the water pump, is it necessary / good idea to replace the pulley as well?

Oh, here's a suggestion about the stripped head:

IRWIN makes a socket set that can take off rounded heads. I would never have believed it, but it works!! It even works on rusted head that will normally round off is you use a normal bit.

I bought a set of 12 for about $40; got it from Home Depot. They are NOT cheap, but they make your life easier. It can be a pain to grind off a head of a bolt.