ANOTHER VIBRATION HELP!!! no posts match

tonyvt

It started out as a slight low vib especially at the 2200-2500 rpm while excelerating easy, normal driving. Then over the course of only a few hundred miles it got worse and worse. Much worse to the point I dont dare drive it. It is a very low frequency rumble in the floor, feels like drive shaft to me but... There is no noise of any kind at any time. The only way it goes away is under hard exceleration. Yes, if I flog it no vib...But I have had the car on stands and can not fine any play in the Guibo, center bearing or universals ...but it vibrates like crazy>>> No noise tho,, none. With the car on stands it does not vibrate at any speed so I sort of feel it cant be those common things, though I do realize there is no preasure on the drivetrain I dont see how it could be the bearing at least. I do have all these components ready to install but Im not feeling like these are the cause. Seems like it is bad enough that it should be pretty apparent.. The guibo looks almost new...
I need help....
Thanks
Tony

98 328is,sport 5spd 98k miles

Agreed, flex disc would still be suspect.

If you absolutely rule out the flex disk, center bearing, and U joints, there's a possibility of broken transmission mount or engine mount.