anyone know where i can actually get tech help when i post it. liek a tech forum?

hey not to be rude but i post things ans get nothing in return for an answer. is it because they are tech questions and this site is not for that. if so lead me in a direction of a bmw forum that will help me more with tech questions.

Big Daddy

Interesting, I researched all your questions and it seems to me that you have gotten a response to each and every one? Maybe not the response you wanted, but a response none the less. In reality no this is not a "technical" forum devoted entirely to answering mechanical questions, although we have members here who do that. Kirby is always providing in depth answers with links to helpful sites, and mostly I believe his answers are right on. In the e30 forum we have people like Graham, Scott and Joseph who are always helping members with technical questions. I am not sure if you are referring to a specific question, but if members can help they usually do.

lol im just tryign to get these buggs worked out, i plan on boosting this car and i dont need vacuum leak and burnt pistons and blown head gaskets ya know. hey knwo anyone who woudl have a 5 speed for sale? i wanna swap

Keep in mind that the questions you are asking (head work, turbo, tranny swap) are not done very often on BMWs because this is advanced, difficult and usually expensive work, so there are just not a lot of people that have BMW specific knowledge.

I could give you a general answer on head work or transmission swaps, because I have done this on GM V6 engines, but would that be useful to you? Probably not, because I don't know the details on BMWs, and the DEVIL is in the details.

With that said, I am pretty sure that you are going to need more than just a manaul transmission for the swap. You need to keep in mind that the transmission connects to the ECU and the ECU is more than likely programmed for an automatic transmission profile. So you may need to figure out how to fool the ECU, or adapt the connector wiring, etc. The DEVIL is in the details.

Head porting and polishing is fairly generic. There are a number of books available at the big book stores that discuss P&P as part of an engine build up. Even if it is a build up for a Chevy 350 small block, the P&P techniques are the same.

If you are serious about doing upgrades like this, you need to visit a BMW forum where the racing guys visit such as http://www.dtmpower.net . But I warn you - BMW Board is really a friendly forum, and we are pretty good about not flaming, ridiculing posts, etc. The racing forums can be tough on newbies. If you post your questions in the style you have done here, you may get some less than helpful advice. You need to research your problems and questions before posting on those forums. Asking "I think I have a vacuum leak, how do I find it" will probably get flamed or go unanswered.