Brake Job

It's time for front brakes. I've done brake jobs on chevy's but never a BMW. I know I need to get rotors, pads, and sensors. Anything else to be aware of and is the technique basically the same as with a chevy?

You don't necessarily need new sensors... unless the current ones got used (your "break lining" light came on). On the other hand they're cheap enough, you might as well get them. The breaks are easy as pie on Bimmers.

DSK

Other than what has been said, I would strongly advise that you do not get budget brand parts, they will not perform well and will make you wish you never bought them. Stick to the likes of Brembo, Zimmerman, Textar, ATE, Ferrodo, Bendix, OE BMW etc.

craaaazzy

Technical article

Brake rotors and pads are pretty simple, especially if you've done it on another car before (no matter what kind). They're all pretty much the same. I found a good article to help you though:

Tech article link

thanks guys. Great article. The only thing I have to add is I usually use a C-clamp and squeeze the caliper back in before removing the old pad.