Change headlight- myself or a pro?

HELP!

I have a 325i 2001 BMW. One of the front headlights went out. As with everything else in a bimmer, it doesn't seem as simple as all other cars to change it. The manual warns that an H7 bulb (what it requires) is pressurized and might blow up if handled incorrectly. It also warns that improper installation could short out the electrical system in the car and fatal injury! It recommends only professional BMW mechanics do the job. Is this installation as big of job as the manual plays it out to be, or is it simple as long as the car is turned off??
Has anyone done this job themselves?

Also, my coolant is low. Can this be done myself?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY ADVISE!

You can do it yourself, you just have to observe the safety precautions that's all. When replacing the bulb, it cannot touch anything else, especially your fingers. And as far as improper installation- let's put it this way, you'd have to be mighty special to not figure out how the correct way to install it is. To make sure it's done correctly, just make sure the connections that you remove to install are put back in properly.

I did an h7 bulb on my brothers car; the bulb is a bit longer than normal halogen bulbs, but the process is identical; the bulb, (so they say) is more delicate than halogens, but I don't know whether that's true or not. Just be careful; that's all. Have patience and be careful.

Coolant: if you can pour yourself a glass of milk, I think you shouldn't have any trouble adding coolant. Just be sure to fill to correct lines.

Good Luck & welcome to the board.

oh almost forgot! I'm fairly certain you can read and will read what the cap says before adding coolant, but (at least on my 3 series) the reservior where you fill the coolant is linked to the radiator and is pressurized, so DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FILL the coolant when the engine is hot, or you may get Coolant pressure shot out everywhere when you remove the cap, and it is freaking hot and will burn. MAKE SURE ENGINE IS STONE COLD. Best do it after car has been sitting over night.

yeah make sure your car is cold and also unscrew the cap real slow, you'll here a hiss and it may startle you at first, but just take it slow until it has no pressure.

also make sure you don't handle the bulb with you bar hands, hold it with a cloth or something. this is because the oils in our hands messes up the bulb. if you touch it with your bare hand its no big deal, just grab some rubbing alcohol and clean it off.

cheers