Climate Control Help for Capacitor

Hi there,
I posted a message a few weeks ago about my climate control going on and off and somone kindly posted a message with this link on the fix.

http://www.macadamizer.com/bmwfix.html

I have a problem though, I cannot find anywhere that has a 47uf NON-polarized capcitor.

Does anyone know which side is positive and which side is negative? Please help...I have it apart right now and wanna get it back together and seems like my only option here is to buy a polarized one.

What will happen if i put the capacitor in backwards? Thanks

Umm, your answer is right there on the web site, and you want a .47 uf cap, not a 47uf. The web site also discusses this error.

I figured that one of the connections was to the ground plane, so I scratched off the negative leg of the other blue cap to the left (Just above your capacitor text in the blow up view of the square cap). I did a quick continuity check and found that the left pin (when viewed in the same orientation of your picture) was in fact the ground pin. In any case all this means is that a polarized capacitor may be used, and should be oriented with the negative pin on the left. Another way to look at it is the capacitor should be oriented 180 degrees from the other blue capacitor.