Climate control whacked...

Hi,

I have a 1998 328is. Yesterday after work, I turned on my car and the climate control would not come on. The one green light was still lit showing that the air is directed to front vents, but any button i pushed on the climate control would not work and the display was just blank/black. After driving for about 2 minutes it came on, and worked as normal.

This morning, same thing happened...turned on the car and the climate control was blank. After a few minutes it came on, but went blank again, then later came on again and stayed.

Anyone encounter this problem before? Any fix for it? thanks in advance for any help!

Hey, thanks a lot. I'll ahve to give that a go and see what happens. Has anyone does this for their car yet? If so, do you know which capacitor to get, is it the 0.47 or the 47? I still wasn't too clear. Sounds like the 0.47 worked for him...

I beleive there are a total of 3 or 4fuses that are for the A/C. Last summer, my ac worked fine, and when my girlfriend was driving my car, she said the A/C would not turn on. The climate control buttons would work as well as the display. I checked my fuses, and it was a 7.5 fuse blown. After I changed it, it blew icy cold. But the thing I love about BMW's is that they are the easiest cars to work on. The problems are very easy to fix. Check the fuses and let me know if that is the case. If not, I can check AllData for you.