Considering buying my friend's 328i

My buddy just got a SICK A4... and needs to sell his 98 328i. He said he'll sell it to me for 5k... which makes me think I should resell it once the problems are fixed but heres the catch(es)...

- It needs a rear coil spring
- The sunroof motor died
- The audio system needs work (might be wiring)
- It needs a cam sensor
- it has 130k on the clock
- been smoked in... (febreeze?)
- Some switches on the center console don't work (IIRC)

Good stuff
- Serviced pretty regularly
- Leather is in nice shape
- Body is decent (it's blue)
- New tires

So I get in my fix it mode... thinking oh yeah this is a good deal. The problem is I need some parts for it and $250 for rear springs at bavauto seems like a RIP. I only need one.

Thoughts?

BTW: Frolf, this is Ryan's BMW

Truth be told, if you're buying it to resell for profit, go to a junk yard. Can probably get a pair of coil overs for less than $50 used.

Smoke; there are products specifically designed for that. I know a detailer that has some stuff.

I don't know if I believe that the sunroof problem is the motor. It may be a switch. And even still, you can get that used for fairly cheap.

You'll spend $300-500 in parts, try and get him to sell it to you for a few hundred under $5k, then it's a great deal.

Check your PM

so he finally got an A4 eh, i need some info/pics on his new whip!! he has always wanted one.

Are you going to keep the car or are you strickly going to flip it?

Flip it man, my A4 is doing well so I don't need 2 cars. I figure I could go through the trouble of fixing Ryans up and sell it to make a few bucks.

His A4 is decked...
- Stage 3 chip
- Big turbo
- Coil overs
- Short shifter
- Timing belt is done, as well as all of the control arms

I haven't seen it myself but it sounds badass.