cup holder reccomendations for '92 E36

SparkyNT

After two and a half years with my trusty old 1990 325i, I upgraded to a slightly newer 1992 325i 5spd 4 door. So far I like it, but as with the '90, it still lacks a cup holder.

I've seen a couple of different ways to put a cup holder in one of these things - anyone know which works best?

Simple question, I know.

if you look at realoem.com you can see there is a cup holder for the center console of an e36. the problem is, i referenced the part number with autohausaz.com and couldn't find anything. i'd say call your bmw dealer, tell them what you are interested in, and hope they can find it. the cupholders in my car are great.

If you haven't yet, I would check ebay for a used one. I checked my local BMW dealer and factory center console cup holder is not available anymore. I found some at various BMW websites. Expect to pay up to $100 for new and $30 - $80 for used. Watch out for high shipping charges, too. One could always go to the junk yard. I have a few around me that are starting to get E36's in their lot. Good Luck!

ddustin

I use a $10 one that hooks on the ventilation vent. Works wonderfully.

I don't like the BMW ones cause they look kinda ugly and I'd rather use that center space for other stuff.

My 1994 car has hidden cupholders. You have to fold down the center arm-rest in the back seat and slide out the hidden compartment tray. Theres a little slider thingy inside the compartment that holds 2 cups.