Engine Flooded??

jrob3257

Flooded the motor on my 95 325ic, and need a few suggestions. I found a couple solutions to this problem in this forum which I have tried with no success. I floored the accelerator for 30 seconds before cranking...no start, I even put new plugs in, but still no start. Any other suggestions??? Any help would be appreciated.

Big Daddy

I suspect when you say "flooded" you mean with gasoline and not driven through a puddle thus sucking up a lake! When you held the accelerator to the floor not for thirty seconds, more like ten, but crank the engine while holding it down.

The car is fuel injected, and the injectors do not fire unless the engine is cranking, so pressing the pedal to the floor for 30 seconds before cranking really has no effect. How do you know it is flooded?

You are either getting no fuel or no spark. Try to start it, pull a plug and see if it is wet. If so, you are probably not getting spark.

greenv

If you check the Plugs and found without spark check the control module. My controls module goes bad and y have the same problem with my 325I convertible.