Extremely sad............

Should I sell her or keep her?

• Keep her

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Sell her

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
There is a huge huge chance I have to sell my car............................[:(] [:(] [:(] . I just can't afford the insurance anymore. It is killing me. I also need to have a lot of work performed on the car which I do not know If I will have the funds to complete my project. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! I have put so much time and funds into her, to get her where she is now. Hopefully I can just not pay the next insurance payment and take her off the road and drive my old crapy Vw rabbit. What a down grade. The rabbit was my first car, but I can't go from my beloved BM to a Rabbit convertable all the time. I just got a job at BMW too. Hopefully I can make everything work out, cuz I guess if not than MEIN RITT is for sale. Ehhhhhhhhhh it pains me. I guess an 18yr old just shouldn't own a BMW. Life sucks so much right now. If anyone is really interested in the car leme know, cuz if worst comes to wrost I would rather one of you guys have it than some damn tunner. I have an offer now for $12,500, which I guess is pretty good considering I only paid $14,000 for her. What do you guys think I should do? Keep her under a cover for a while or sell her? I am def. leaning towards the cover thing but I just can't think I am just bummed right now. Sorry for complaining, cuz it is just a car, but I guess some of you understand. Any advice?
This is my huge problem. I have already purchased all the parts to do my tranny swap (auto-manual) w/ some performance tranny upgrades. Now I am waiting for the guy to install which is ganna cost me roughly $1,700.00. So I will have to pay that and I have to pay my om back that $1,500 for the parts hookup I got from this guy. And on top of that I owe madd insurance money. I only have like $25.00 in my account.[?|] I start working @ BMW this week full time. So do you guys think that I should keep her (under a cover for a long time) or just bag it and sell her? I'll post a poll and you guys can give me a lil decision making help.

I'd say keep it. It's obvious from your post that you (like me) are on of those people that gets emotionally attached to their car. I had an accident in my '92 325i. I paid $3,500 for the car and then invested about $5,000 to make it look and run like new. I worked on that car and put so much into it. The cost of the repair was $800 and I also needed a few more parts. I decided to just go ahead and eat the cost. You can't just give up a car that's yours in hopes of getting another one some day. It becomes like your child, and you can't give that up. Just keep it under the cover and wait for better times - you'll be glad you did.

Pink_Floyd said:
I'd say keep it. It's obvious from your post that you (like me) are on of those people that gets emotionally attached to their car. I had an accident in my '92 325i. I paid $3,500 for the car and then invested about $5,000 to make it look and run like new. I worked on that car and put so much into it. The cost of the repair was $800 and I also needed a few more parts. I decided to just go ahead and eat the cost. You can't just give up a car that's yours in hopes of getting another one some day. It becomes like your child, and you can't give that up. Just keep it under the cover and wait for better times - you'll be glad you did.
well said...or you can sell it and save the $$ to buy a newer bimmer.

She is a 1997 BMW M-Technic. The M-technic was a rare breed produced by BMW. In 1997 it was only available by special order. I have further upgraded the car with a full black leather Vader interior, and smoked fornt corner lenses and smoked/red tail lights. There is a cold air intake, and a Autothority cat-back system installed. Oh yeah they headlights are updated to projectors and also have xenons and daylight demon eyes (angel eyes). There are roughly 135,000 miles on her, but she runs like new and purrs like a ferrari. I'll post of pic of her in her current glory so you guys can kinda get a look at wht i might have to let go............[:(] click here to look at some pics of her.........http://www.hotbimmer.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=4390 .

Attachments

Definitely keep her. Without a doubt. Just do the hard stuff for the moment and drive the rabbit, work, save what you can and when you have enough financial grounding go for it and bring her out of storage.