f*%$ing clutch

got a 97 328i i go to get on it in 3rd 4th and 5th and and the rpms shoot up and I bearly gain any speed i can slowly get on the gas and get speed but i cant really get on the gas however if i let up on the gas the rpms go right back down to about 2 grand any one please help me iam freaking out here and desperate

i'm telling ya RIGHT NOW!!!!!! if you are a person who likes to drive, DO NOT replace this with an OEM set up. Pretty sure you have to buy a fly wheel because there is an issue with resurfacing the dual mass flywheel that is stock on your car. so for the SAME price you can go with an 8lb aluminum flywheel and a sport clutch, you'll have a billions times better feel than with the dual mass flywheel, and you'll be able to put the power down better on a hard launch

my two cents, my life lesson learned...

frolf where can you find that deal that you are talking about i looked all over last night and all i could find was a stage 1 clutch or the sachs or luk. your from mn that is crazy man iam also from there

yeah a sachs stage 1 and a light weight flywheel will cost just as much as an OEM clutch and a new dual mass flywheel. this project was out of my realm at the time (it happened pretty early on in my tooling life) so i cut a check to ORR Autosport, who are in Eden Praire, sort of the other end of town for you, but check them out. They are an independent shop that I used to go to and they are honest and well qualified people.

ok well this might help to it i just replaced the thermostat tonight cause iam getting no heat. its blowing just cold air. and now that i replaced that now the temp gauge is going all the way to the red after a couple miles. by the way the temp guage was not working at all before. what the f&^k

Big Daddy

First I would like you to watch your language, it is juvenile and annoying. It sounds like you had a stuck thermostat, in the closed position. If the car was overheating it can cause it to run poorly, no acceleration for example. Do you have any oil in the water and or visa versa? Is there a brown frothy gunk on your oil filler cap?

ok well my heat is fixed thermostat fixed every thing but the clutch problem that i dont no what it could be cause i really dont think its the clutch that is going out

Why do you think it's NOT the clutch failing?

Yeah, I guess the clutches that I have replaced that acted like this (with broken pressure plate springs) really were not bad.

dude, you need a clutch. there is no other option. sack it up, it's a bunch of money, but has to be done. hate to bring the bad news, but do wish you the best of luck

Yes, and yes. It could be the clutch springs, or it could be the pressure plate. But regardless of what failed, you want to replace EVERYTHING.