Few upgrade questions

BM-DUB07

Hi, i drive a black 1995 bmw 325i and i am looking for a good ECU but i want to know is it even worth it, and if so where would be a good place to get one. I am also looking for angel eye headlights, and i noticed that some brands like predator are much cheaper but are they still good? or should i go with the high-end bmw approved ones? Where could i get some good lights? Thanx!

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
Hi Justin and welcome to the board. Your first "upgrades" should be to fix anything that is wrong with the car and make sure it has new fluids, brake pads, good tires..etc, etc...no sense in spending a bunch of money on angel eyes, cold air intakes, chip tuning, camshaft swaps, sport exhaust, etc, etc if you have basic problems....first fix the dash and my aforemention possible issues BEFORE you look for the so-called "upgrades...if you dont it would be like putting $2000 worth of rims on a 81 Datsun with 300,000miles on it...pointless....LOL....oh yeah why are you looking for an ECU? If it aint broke dont fix it!

DSK

I'd second 'adrean8j' 's comment. If your car is running a little off in anyway, I'd get it hooked upto the BMW diagnostics and see what's what. Its common to have things like various metres, sensors start to deteriorate with age which don't usually get changed until they completey fail, but its vital that these metres and sensors etc are functioning perfectly. Once this is the case, any modifications you make thereafter will show better results in terms of chip tuning etc.