Instability??!!

Well, this problem was not very pronounced earlier, maybe 2 weeks ago, every once in a while i would feel the whole car shudder as it went over a bump, and this would completely destabalize it specially under braking. It is happening a lot more often now, to the point that it actually feels unsafe for me to hit the brakes if the car travels over bumps. I can feel the whole car vibrate and just shiver as it goes over a bump and if i have my foot on the brakes, i have insane amounts of ABS feedback, tyre slippage, and, well it actually gets pretty scary in there. It happens at any speed over about 50 km/h, however it is not so bad at any speed over 100 km/h, though it is still there, and i expect it to become worse.

I have no idea whether this is a brake problem, a suspension problem or a tyre problem, but i am leaning towards a suspension problem because its really quite unnatural how the car shakes and shudders over these bumps.

I know i havent done a great job in explaining the symptoms but any advice would be good, in order to start looking out for some remedies for this situation. [ohcrap]

*sigh... i had a bad feeling its going to be something like this. I am going to get it checked out on monday, but here is the question. Would it be wise to replace them (if it comes to that), with stock units, or is it worth my while to upgrade the suspension right now, cost permitting, as i do plan on doing that sometime in the future. It's really a question of how expensive are the stock parts going to be as compared to getting aftermarket.

You did put it correctly, much better than me, that it does feel like excessive rebound oscillation, as its almost as if once the wheels hit the bump, it is as if the wheels bounce along the road instead of plant right back on. That is exactly what it feels like.