intake upgrade

Ok so i have noticed everyone wants these obd1 manifolds because they are less restrictive , is the one on this 325 IS i have an obd1 , im guessing yes because it is a 93, would it be an upgrade over my stock plenum or is it only the m3s that old? this one on the 325is looks bigger than mine is.

yes definitely worth it i have heard nothing but good things from the conversion and I have currently done this to my ride.. its a 17 hp gain and its dyno tested check out M50manifold.com they have the conversion kit to do this properly and its cheaper than the eurosport kit with the same funtionality ;)

well i was asking about the stuff i already have, i mean i have a whole wrecked car with a ob1 set up on it right. its a 93. i need to find a way to get more low end. it has a problem and then its like someone flips a switch and it comes to life

so what is your advise on the low end issue, this intake will not help that if anythign make it a little worse. bigger injectors? for the more air may help ya think? than what do i have to do to get the computer to run the bigger injectors, will it automatically recalibrate or will my chip do it or what?

yeah injectors should do the trick to get the proper air/fuel ratio.. sounds like your pretty much ready to do it since u already have an OBD1 setup waiting for ya!!! u can run that OBD1 harness as well an it will work perfect. If u decide to get bigger injectors i recommend 24# injectors they are the best for this setup IMO[cheers]

you think it is worth the change, since i will probly be boosting this car eventually?
You just need to consider one important issue: Does your state do emissions controls testing? If they do it, changing to OBD-I will probably cause it to fail tests. Usually the tests are done specific to an established standard for that make/year/model/engine.

If they do an exhaust sniff, it will certainly fail. If they do a OBD connection to read the computer (that's what hey do here), the computer will not match the model year of the car that the tech enters from the registration info. Here they would also fail the car.

If all they do is a visual inspection, or none at all, you're good to go.

they do none of the above here at all. so i have to change the computer to run this intake? i thought it was just the intake and put soem better injectors and soem hosing changes? will my chip not work with obd 1
?

i've heard of it being slightly ported but thats about it, the only thing u have to change is wiring harness, Intake manifold, I believe the cam sensors, and a few hoses to make it functional check M50 manifold.c for complete packinging on OBD2 cars.. the ECU can stay the same and fuel rail as well, u can always change your injectors though[werd] I've also heard of people changing the wiring harness to OBD1 but its not required with the proper kit