is the dealer trying to steal my money?

i went to shelly bmw to get my car diagnosed it is a 1999 323is. the problem that i was having was with the passenger door. it wouldn't open most of the time unless i pulled both the exterior and interior door handles. it would open from the inside but it is really hard. so i went and they were going to charge me $130 to diagnose the problem. but he said that the mechanic knows what the problem is, it is a malfunctioning door mechanism and it would cost me $2000 to fix, because they don't sell the mechanisms seperatly but together andid have to replace everything. he ended up not charging me the 130. so what do you guys think about this?

sm32589g said:
i went to shelly bmw to get my car diagnosed it is a 1999 323is. the problem that i was having was with the passenger door. it wouldn't open most of the time unless i pulled both the exterior and interior door handles. it would open from the inside but it is really hard. so i went and they were going to charge me $130 to diagnose the problem. but he said that the mechanic knows what the problem is, it is a malfunctioning door mechanism and it would cost me $2000 to fix, because they don't sell the mechanisms seperatly but together andid have to replace everything. he ended up not charging me the 130. so what do you guys think about this?
Call BS and ask to talk to the Service Manager....

Better yet, take it to another shop....