Just an update

Not too long ago i posted up that i blew my radiator and my cooling system was giving me problems.....the woes of many with the M50.

Anyway, i basicly narrowed it down to the water pump which needed to be checked and removed for inspection. HOWEVER the bolts on the pulley did not comply, and therefore were snapped.

Well upon removal of the old pump, it was being quite stubborn at first.....this was because the impellar on the inside was snapped! It seems it was lodged in the block and chunks of the brittle plastic were laying beside it.

I did install the new "high peformance" pump, new thermostat, radiator, hoses, and so forth. Tomarrow i will be reinstalling the fan clutch and fan to complete the job.

Ill let you all know if its something bigger than the water pump, such as the head gasket. [bigcry]

Completed the job....car ran fine....no white smoke (so the head gasket is ok)

However, the radiator hose blew off the return line once i parked it. Im thinking that i just didnt clamp it down tight enough. The other problem could be that some of the brittle plastic peices from the previous water pump are floating around clogging coolent lines. THAT could be a problem..

a coolant flush would be a good idea, and should be done every couple years anyways... even though half of your coolant is new after that job. Probably should have been done before putting the new rad in. oh well, I'm sure it's no big deal... nice job you did though. I've never done a water pump *yet*.