Need opinions

So I just picked up my car yesterday. '97 328is just like it says in my profile. Its an automatic but it'll be fine for me as I'm using it for my every day driving. The car has 77k miles on it. Driving it home from MA last night I was doing about 75 - 80 mph and got between 25 and 30 mpg. Everything seemed to be in working order, no strange noises and only a slight vibration at higher speeds. Now for my questions...

I'm planning on changing the oil myself and the dealership that I purchased it from said that he had used 10w30, non-synthetic. Does anyone think that I am going to have any trouble switching to a 15w40 synthetic for the summer months here in Maine and a 5w30 synthetic for the winter?

The car also has sport seats and some of the literature from the manual talks of the car having the sports package. I've only seen a couple of other threads on this subject and there didn't seem to be a definitive answer on how to tell if my car has the full sports package, including suspension. Anyone got any ideas on how I can tell?

I'm looking to do a little bit of maintenance work on the car myself and was looking to use the following components. Anyone have any other components to recommend or perhaps even different manufacturers that might be better.?

ITG Air Filter
Bosch Spark Plugs
Mahle Oil Filter
Mobile One Synthetic Oil

Thanks everyone for helping me out. This is my first BMW and so far the experience has been everything that I had hoped.

I just use Castrol Synthetic 5W40 or 5W50 year round. It covers all the temperature ranges encountered in the Pacific Northwest. Beats switching back and forth.

I agree with Tablet. You'll have no problem switching to synthetic, and I prefer not to switch weights, but we don't get as cold as you. I'm partial to Mobile 1, but be careful of their marketing schemes. They have come out with different "grades" and my understanding is on the 15,000 mile version is a full synthetic. You can find lots of threads on synthetic oil which are guaranteed to have you fully confused.

Not familiar with ITG, but I do like K&N or the other brand that www.bavauto.com sells, more for cost savings in the long run than for performance gain. You can stock up on Mann filters there also, which I've heard are on par with Mahle. You might also want to check out some LubroMoly products there.

One other suggestion with your temperatures in Maine. Try to find a tire dealer who will replace the air in your tires with Nitrogen. Nitrogen does not change pressure with temperature changes like air does, and I have noticed a 2 1/2 MPG increase since changing. That's enough to quickly pay the $5 or $10 per tire charge for the nitrogen.

Congrats on your new purchase. Next time, find a manual transmission so you can truly experience the "ultimate driving machine."