need some help with 92 325i pls!!!!

hectik1

i currently have a 92 325i. the transmission fluid leaked out. stopped drivin the car after the fluid leak. a few questions regarding this:
1 - is there a chance if i refill the fluid, the tranny may not work/damaged?
2 - are the tranny on the 92 325i's sealed?
3 - where the hell do i find the dip stick for the tranny or is there not one at all on sealed trannys?

Thanx!!

depends if your car is auto or manual. If it's manual (sealed, no dipstick), it might be leaking from the output shaft seal, the drain plug... the housing might be cracked... If it's auto, it's not sealed, and there should be a dipstick. If you check under the car and look at the tranny, that'll give you a pretty good idea of where it's leaking from. You'll need a jack and stands though... don't use your tire change jack!

What caused the fluid leak?, and how did you know that it had no fluid in it?
The transmition may be damaged depending on how long you drove the car after the fluid "leaked out" if its an auto u shuldent need a jack and safety stands just top it up from the dipstick hole, but if its a manual u will have to get under it and undo the filer plug on the side.
good luck and welcome to the board.

hectik1

well i was driving and i noticed my car shakin a bit when shifting gears. and then i pulled up in my drive way and saw a trial of fluid going all the way down the block (lol). tried to turn the car on, it wouldnt. checked the engine oil, and it was fine. The only other thing i could think of was the tranny fluid (kinda dark dirty brown - guessing old tranny fluid).
my car does both auto and manual with a switch of a button. keep in mind its a 92.

i jus had mine changed with a rebuilt from the stealership.
when my old tranny was removed i found out a return hose was loose and thats where the old tranny was leaking.
the hose/return line is located on the passenger side of the tranny.