Need Tech Help!! ?? For You Electronic Guys

Whats up guys. Here is what I need help with. I bought these O2 (oxygen sensor) simulators. I tried installing them, but I do not know what the colored wires on the car itself are to. Check it out this is what I know so far:

The simulator has 3 wires. Black, Purple, and Red. The car has 4 wires. Black, Red, Yellow, and White. The instructions say locate the 12volt wire. I have done that with a meter, and it is the red wire on the car. I am assuming that the black wire on the car is ground ( I could be wrong). Now this leaves the yellow and White wire.

The instructions say something completely differn't. they say that BMW's have 2 white wires, 1 grey, and a black. But as I said I have yellow white black, and red.

So the instructions say to find the white wire that is 12volts which is the red wire I think, cuz I tested it with a volt meter. So I connected the red wire from the simulator to the red wire of the car. (Intructions say splice red wire to 12volt white wire). So I am assuming that that is right. Instructions also say tap the black wire from the simulator to the grey wire of the car, so is that supposed to be the ground or what?? Anways I spliced that into the black wire on the car, because when I tested the wires with the volt meter I got 12 volts when I put the positive on the red and the negative on the black wire so I just assumed that they were positive and ground, cuz non of the other wires gave out 12 volts.

The instructions say to leave the white wir alone that gives the heat reading to the ecu. So since all the colors have been wrong so far Which one is that The yellow or the white?? I think that this time it is actually the white wire. Anways it wants the purple wire from the simulator to go the the black wire on the car. Since I already have the black wire tapped into black wire of the simualtor would I send this wire to the yellow??

I have tried two differn't combinations: first was this. Now this might totally confuse you so here is a little chart so you can understand the colors and everything that I am talking about:

on my car:
white
black
yellow
red

On the simulator
red
purple
black

what the directions say the car should have
2 x white wires
black
grey

The first setup I tried was this:

my red to the sim red, my black to the sim black, white i left alone, and the yellow I cut the wire ( belived to be the source) and connected to the puple on the sim. Now when I used my scan tool (peak R5) it gave me bad readings. Sorry I can't remeber exactly what they were, but I know that it wasn't right.

So then I put the sim red into the car white, and It gave me a reading about bad voltage.

So now I put back that wires the way they were, but this time I cut the car white wire and tapped it into the sim purple, and now I get an error message about the heater power. So now I know that the whit wire is def the wire that needs to be left alone, because it is thw heater sensor wire, and accoring to the instructions you should not use that particular wire at all, because it will give you the fault I just explained. So now my question is which wires should I connect the other wires to?? I am so fustrated with this. My fingers are raw from working on this all day. I have to get this figured out by tomorrow czu that is my last free day. So now that I know that the car white wire is to be left alone I now have the car black, red, and yellow to mess with. So which of those wires do I connect to the sim's red, black, and purple wires?? Should I try switing the car's black and yellow, or what?? here is a link to the intructions note: you must have a .pdf reader program to view the instructions.

http://www.installationinstructions.com/104044.pdf

Please help me!! does anyone have an oxygen sensor wiring diagram for an obdII car?? That is all I need and I will be able to do this. Unless someone out ther can Actually understand any of this. Just take a look at these instructions on the link and keep in mind the wire color chart that I drew up for you of what my car really has. Any idea's at all are welcome. I am pretty much betting that non of you will have the answer, but there is always that one little tiny chance that the right person will look at this forum and know exactly what I need.

Patrick

nevermind guys. I figured it out today. But like I said no one would have an answer for me. HAHA. Now the next thing I am going to do is remove my catalytic converter, and remove all of the platinum, so that I will have a straight flow exhaust.

e36luvr

Hey you obviously figured that problem out. I am stuck with the same problem but the siemens sensor in the car has a yellow, red, white, and black. The Bosch sensor I bought has no plug on it so I have to hard wire it in. The colours on that sensor are black, grey, and two whites. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.