Nikasel?

I was reading a Beemer Mag and they mentioned to watch out for Nikasel engine blocks on the e36.
Any idea what models and years were effected?
How do you tell of you have a Nikasel Block?

they are very popular in the V8 models though. BMW had a recall to replace the engines of the cars affected if they were below 100K miles i believe. If you do decide to go V8 in a mid to late 90's model, make sure it's alusil

Big Daddy

m5runner said:
they are very popular in the V8 models though. BMW had a recall to replace the engines of the cars affected if they were below 100K miles i believe. If you do decide to go V8 in a mid to late 90's model, make sure it's alusil
Ok but there were no e36 V8's! And he specifically asked about e36 models. The link I porvided would have told him or others that the American V8's were affected.

I know that there are no e36 V8's dude. I was elaborating a little more about the V8. I don't even know why I should have to explain myself when I wrote something previosuly that a simple mind would comprehend

Big Daddy

m5runner said:
I know that there are no e36 V8's dude. I was elaborating a little more about the V8. I don't even know why I should have to explain myself when I wrote something previosuly that a simple mind would comprehend
Ok "Dude" but it doesn't change what I said, and besides a "simple mind" would have known that we were not discussing V8's! [chair]