no ignition when key is turned

KingoD

hello all,

I have a problem with my 1993 318IA ignition.

i turn the key to ON and everything is ok, but when i hit the key to ignite NOTHING!

what could be the problem, and how can i fix it? is there any way to ignite the starter with the key put on ON?? i need to start the car in any way to take it to the mechanic

thanks

I had a problem with a 94 325iC. The drive away protection had turned on somehow when the car was unlocked from the drivers door. The car would start and drive when it was unlocked from either the trunk or the passenger door. Worth a try.........Good luck.

chelle26

perhaps it would be better to check for your manuals...it may help! but if it doesn't provide necessary info, i guess you could check the starter by a mechanic. my nephew had done bmw starter replacement with his 328ci...maybe you just have to replace yours if the mechanic told you so..

Big Daddy

How old is your battery? Many batteries will have enough of a charge to run the accessories, but if they are old and worn out will not have the cranking amps to start or even turn over the engine. Have the battery load tested.