Power Window Switches :(:(

Hey guys, I have a quick, but important question. Last weekend I went to the airport to pick someone up, and before that my window (switches) were working perfectly fine. However, after standing in the parking lot for a while, when i got back in the car, the windows switches didn't work for the first 5 minutes i was in the car. They started working after that.

Yesterday, I had a lot of errands to run, and I rolled down the two front windows when I left my house, and about 15 minutes later, I picked up my friend who tried to then roll up the passanger side window. It didn't work, and basically none of the switches worked after that. None of my windows are working, including the sunroof. All 7 controller switches are not working. I checked (and replaced) the fuse for the power windows but that wasnt the problem. I'm guessing I have loose wiring somewhere, but i really don't know where to check.

Any tips or advice would be great because it's really not saving leaving your car around with it's windows open, inviting whoever wants to come in to do whatever they want with the car.

Cheers in advance,

mc

ddustin

Any tips or advice would be great because it's really not saving leaving your car around with it's windows open, inviting whoever wants to come in to do whatever they want with the car.
Do the lights under the switches work?

For now, if you have the correct version, you can specify a lock-code to start your car, in which case it wont matter if the windows are down (just be sure not to forget the 4 digit code! Its a pain to hack into the thing and reset it).

If you have a 'code' button, here are the steps to lock it:
* Key to position 1
* Press CODE
* Use number buttons to enter a 4 digit code
* Press SET
* Take out key

Now, when you try to start the car you'll hear a plesant tone and CODE will show up on the display. Follow these steps:
* Use the number buttons to enter a 4 digit code
* Press SET
* Start the car normally

Also be sure to lock the car with the wireless thingy, pressing the ARM button after the lock button (and get that extra beep). That way pulling up on the locks will do nothing.

Ah, well, mine's a 92, so i don't have a code button, nor do i have keyless entry, so no locking remotes :(.

i think it's a basic electrical problem, either with some wiring, or a relay or some such, but i don't really know where to go looking for the problem.

Put the key in the door and lock it and hold the key in the lock position and see if that makes the windows roll up. Mine has that feature, which may help you since the windows are stuck down.

for those who have the same problem, the fix is easy.

your comfort relay which requires you to remove the knee bolster under the steering wheel to be accessed has to be fixed (or replaced for this).

It's the blue relay, remove the plastic covering, and solder the cracked solder. it's easy!