Shift knob with B&M short shifter

Good day all

I have recently purchased a used but excellent condition 1995 325i stock and loving every mintue of it.

Slowly but surely I will dress it up nicely (not too much)

Just installed B&M short shifter (AMAZING!!) with stock shift knob. Any recommendations on a "short" shift knob? & if it can be purchased on line

Thanks
Thane

You can get shift knobs just about anywhere online... BMP Design, Bavarian Auto., wherever, for about $100 give or take $20. I think aftermarket shift knobs are much better than the factory knobs (at least those that come on E30 and E34s). They are soft and you can twist them and bend them pretty easily, and they just don't give me the feel that I want. Shift patterns printed on top are pretty useless as far as I'm concerned. You want to dress it up, so you might as well change it. AC schnitzer, makes a nice set (matching shifter and Ebrake handle. There are tonnes of options. MOMO of course makes tonnes of shifters, and you can get Alpina, G-Power, Racing Dynamics, Hartge... the list goes on. To be frank, the stock shift knobs on my two cars felt like limp "you know whats" until I changed them to a MOMO. The MOMO "competizione" works well with my seating position in the E30, while the MOMO "race airleather aluminium" goes well in the E34. I think that is what it's all about when chosing a shift knob; your seating position and how you fell comfortable holding the shifter. In the E30 I prefer holding the shifter like a gun (with all four fingers, thumb, and palm griping around the side of the knob, and therefore chose a cylinder shaped knob. In the E34 I prefer a ball shape because I sit higher, and my hand reaches the knob best if I rest my palm on top of the knob with my fingers pointed down towards the console. I don't know if you can picture that, but it should be a shape that fits the position you hand would normally sit on the knob, not just what looks good.

http://catalog.momo.it/default.aspx