Spark Plugs

Greetings all,
I am a new member today and would like to post my experience with Bosch spark plugs. I drive a 1994 325i convertible with 101,000 miles on the odometer. I purchased the car @ 98,000 miles from original owner(with a complete car fax). Last week I decided to change the spark plugs and to my surprise, the original plugs were still in there. They looked normally clean and appeared to be factory Bosch dual electrode with BMW stamped on them. I decided to stay with Bosch and purchased Bosch platinum plus 4 plugs(4 electrodes) as an upgrade. I lightly applied never-seize to the threads and took my time torqing them to correct specs. I was curious if these plugs would make a difference at all.
I am pleased to say that there is a remarkable difference in torque and smoother excelleration. The response is definately sportier and smoother throughout the R.P.M. range. It was like driving with a different engine. I am not sure if it is due to the fact that I replaced the tired old plugs with new ones, or if it is the brand and type which actually mattered. Nonetheless, I am really enjoying the torque curve and spirited thrill I now have with my sports car. The fuel mileage has increased somewhat as well!
I highly recommend these plugs to anyone who reads this post. I look forward to many discussions with you all. Thanks.

Hi. Are you saying that these spark plugs will fail prematurely compared to others? What is bad about platinum spark plugs in BMW's specifically? Please give more details if you can. So far so good with these plugs. If they do fail prematurely, I will probably replace them with NGK Iridium plugs or something else high quality. By the way,which plugs do you prefer?

Big Daddy

My personal experience was that they misfired/fouled frequently. You can search the net (google) and find thousand's of post where BMW owners have had bad experiences with the plus 4's, not to mention numerous BMW Dealership mechanics. I posted the one I prefer, the Bosch Yttrium; Dual Electrode, a stock factory plug for your car.