Water problems ....

Ok my problem actualy started 3-4 months ago when beeing in a hury i took my car to an automatic car wash ....water got inside the car on the passanger side floor and after that my car just died ....it chocked and it didn't start anymore . So i took it to my mechanic and he changed my ECU( lots of $$$$) .But after that the car was working fine so ....until now !
When it's raining outside my car refuses to start , it's like it's out of gas !!!I just have to leave it to dry for a couple of hours and after that it works just fine !!!Do u have any ideea what's wrong ? And were is the water getting in ?I've checked the rubbers from my windshield but they are ok , so .... untill i will figure it out i just have to pray for sunny days !!!
Thank's !

And yeah the problem is on the 318ic !

I have read about this problem before with older generation e36s; I believe they fixed the problem in mid-95 production. I believe there is a thread on this board regarding it as well. It's something to do with a drain or something that is close to the ecu and that when you go through high power washes, water gets in and fries the ecu. I am not sure if there is a fix, but from what I remember, it is a common problem, and since it was/is a common problem I'm sure by now there are solutions on the net.
I hope this was somewhat helpful. But it might be too vague.

Good luck
Sean

Thank s Sean ! It helped now I just have to see if i have the improved drainage kit installed in the cowling, and if not to get one !!!
Thank u again this has been an awfull problem for me !