Window won't roll up???

jrob3257

Hey guy's anybody ever have this problem or have any idea how to fix it? The other day my battery died after I rolled my Drivers side window halfway down. It was stuck halfway down until I installed a new battery. Even then it will roll completely down but will only go up as high as it was stuck. I have tried rolling it up and down and if works but will not raise higher then the halfway point.

Any Suggestions??

This happened to me once. Try these two things:

1) Use the key to try and roll the windows up

2) With the key in the ignition and in the power mode, open the door and play with the button in the door latch that makes the window go up and down a little when the door is opened closed.

The (2) suggestion worked for me. Don't know why. I have a coupe, not a vert thoug. Good luck

Tsellers

Thanks guys.

I just had exactly the same problem due to bad battery and #2 did the trick for me. If I had not found this post I would have been completely stumped, so I registered just so I could express my gratitude.

(When the battery goes dead, it screws up the memory for where the window is supposed to be at the top position. You have to work the door latch and the handle alternately back and forth until you work the memory all the way back to the top.)