help with wheels

what are you talking about eric? are you trying to tell me that you don't run a staggered setup on your m3?? you are ACTUALLY saying that you have 235's on the back?!?!?!?!?!?

you know that staggered means right? for example, 17x8" front wheels, 17x9" rear wheels?

you know this right?

what are you talking about eric? are you trying to tell me that you don't run a staggered setup on your m3?? you are ACTUALLY saying that you have 235's on the back?!?!?!?!?!?

you know that staggered means right? for example, 17x8" front wheels, 17x9" rear wheels?

you know this right?
I know what staggered means. I'll be dead honest with you, yes I run 235s rear. I should run 345s at all four corners but i'm a broke college kid. First and 2nd gear are useless to me if I ever want to punch it, but thats not a problem for me. Ask any of my friends and most of them will say I drive like a grandma.

Now why would you want staggered? Primarily for looks. The staggered setup induces understeer, which is already somewhat of a natural occurence in our cars. You want to aim for a more nuetral handling bias.

I prefer the stock 17's on my M3...7.5 on the front and 8.5 on the rear. The engineers in Germany did their homework.
The reason BMW went from non-staggered all around in 1995 to staggered setup in 96-99 is to induce understeer and reduce the edginess of the car. It's also why you guys have centered control arm bushings. Another ploy by BMW to make the 96+ cars less agressive and easier to handle for less experienced drivers.

yeah i remember that from 95-96 change,

but an x-brace from the convertible, sways and proper shock dampening will take care of that understeer though... and with a built turbo i'm wondering why you haven't done this?

i still say you should go staggered sm32589, then do a shocks and springs and play with it